Thursday, May 8, 2014

{prltitle}

Over the years the Indian traders have realized that profiting in the nifty future trading is one of the best bet. However it is quite experienced that many day traders never make any success in nifty intraday trade. Learning little simplest technique can make some one a winner in the nifty intraday trading. I am going to narrate one most important and the simplest principle and trick for nifty intraday traders.

Understand the volatility. This is the parameter which will give you the most likely move the nifty future can swing in a day. In this case the term swing' means high and low difference in a day. Then the next question is how to find the volatility. In my book on Futures and options I have given the simplest method to find the volatility using the logarithmic mathematical procedure. If you do not have the book or you do not wish to calculate the volatility then the other procedure left out is refer the daily volatility column given in the NSE site against the Nifty future f &o quote section. You may get a figure 1.23 for 9th October 2009 price quote in the bottom of the page. In other words it says the nifty future has the potentiality to generate 1.23% returns today either in the long side or in short side. For example if nifty is trading at 5000 it will generate 5000X1.23%=61.50 point return. This small arithmetic information is sufficient enough for me to take a wise trade decision.

Now it is the time to migrate to a more realistic example. On 9th October 2009 at 10:45 a.m. I found the nifty at 4999. At that time the prior swing has recorded high 5021 and low was 4973 and the daily volatility was 1.23%. The previous days' closing was 5001. Since the daily volatility is a derivation from the yearly volatility I will calculate the return points from the previous days closing which is 5001X1.23%=61.5123 round it to 62 points. The next big thing I can do is I will take the clue from the mid point of high and low of the current day. As per my data the mid point is 4996.50. As per the recorded data the nifty high and low has created a swing of 49 points. My current price suggest I am just above the midpoint hence I have a chance to scale 62-27=35 point from here in upside or 27 point down from here to complete the calculated return of 62 points.

Now the last job is to derive a trade decision. Here the concept of cycle will get focused since my return is 62 points as per the volatility and every completion of 62 points will start a new cycle. It is often observed that if the stock trade above the mid point then it has the most likely chance of going up and in my case Nifty is above 4996.5(mid point ) and I will buy nifty at current price of 4999 for target 5034(i.e. 4999+35). Same time I will put my stop loss as 4996.5-27=4969.50. If the up side target is achieved then my next target will be in the 2nd cycle termination point of 5034+64=5096. If my buy side stop loss is triggered then the next cycle will be ending at 4907.50(i.e. 4969.50-62).

In between the 4969.50 and 4907.50 I will find one target at the mid point of it (i.e.(4969.50+4907.50)/2=4938.50 )the 2nd target will be the mid point of 4938.50 and 4907.50(i.e. (4938.50+4907.5)/2=4923). Same way the intermediate target of the upside move for 2nd cycle can be calculated.

Now as per the calculation I have entered the buy trade and the stop loss is triggered and given me the opportunity to enter the short trade of 2nd cycle. You may surprise to see that that nifty low was 4923.05 on 9th October 2009. I too have the answer why the 2nd cycle halted at 4923? But it is beyond the scope of this article.

For your information I will once again inform you this value is calculated when nifty were quoting at 4999 and have neither made any of these calculated high or low.

This same trick can me applied to all the stocks just by referring its daily volatility and applying the mid point concept on it. It will yield much refined result if you will apply my mid point method as describe on my book on Gann method under the 34 intraday technique section. You will be in a position to calculate many intermediate target points and most likely reversal points using midpoint method explained in the book.

In Smart finance we always experiment and teach you the simplest method which is easy to understand and follow. However stock market or commodity market or forex market has different price tags and each method has its limitation and can me applied only on selected group of price tag. These refined techniques we teach in seminar programs. However many of these techniques are featured in our published books. Try to use the above discussed technique in Nifty Future and experience the success.

No comments:

Post a Comment